Irish Military Seminar – ‘Representing the Last Moments of Irish Revolutionaries in Museums’
The 5th Irish Military Seminar will again be taking place this June. The events will take place online, in accordance with public health guidelines in place for indoor events. The format will be a combination of live Zoom events and pre-recorded videos. Bookings will open for these FREE events in May. To book a ticket please email email@example.com for further information. Dates and times may be subject to change.
Thursday 10 June – 7.30 PM.
‘Representing the Last Moments of Irish Revolutionaries in Museums’ by Dr Siobhan Doyle (National Museum of Ireland).
Other highlights include:
• Tuesday 8 June – 7.30 PM. County Kildare Military Pension Files From The Revolutionary Decade 1912-23 by Michael Keane of the Military Archives.
• Thursday 17 June – 7.30 PM. Launch of World War 1 Dead of County Kildare Book with talk on Ireland & World War 1 by Ronan McGreevy of the Irish Times.
• Saturday 19 June – 10 AM. Strongbow by Dr Conor Kostick.
• Saturday 19 June – 11 AM. Rows and Ructions: military-civilian violence in Irish garrison towns’ by Dr Aoife Bhreathnach.
• Saturday 19 June – 12 pm. Guerilla Warfare During The War of Independence by Lorcan Collins – Author, Tour Guide & Podcast Host.
A number of pre-recorded events will also be released as part of the Military Seminar Programme. These include ‘History Shorts’ with Raphael Ryan of Newbridge Local History Group on World War 2 cartoonist Bill Maudlin, an interview with Kildangan historian Dr. Barbara Walsh on Irish Women during World War 1 and a talk on military veterans content including oral history project, organised by the Military Archives. Keep an eye on www.kildare.ie/ehistory, the Kildare Decade of Commemorations Facebook Page, @cilldara2016 Twitter account and in the local media for further details.
Bookings will open for all of these free events in May. Dates and times may be subject to change. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to book in.
The Irish Military Seminar is supported by June Fest, Kildare Decade of Commemorations, Riverbank Arts Centre and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media under the Decade of Centenaries initiative.